Sunday, December 6, 2009

My Eclectic Favorites . . .

My taste is really eclectic, specially when it comes to food. It's hard to say what's gonna appeal to my senses at any given moment. I might have a craving for something as simple as a sandwich (a Peruvian "pan con chicharrón" comes to my mind now--yum) or truly elaborated as a "Coq au vin a la Julia Child". You might ask, "Why create another food blog?" After all, there are thousands out there. Well, this is not necessarily just a food blog . . . it's intended to be a repository of all my favorite things--cooking recipes included. I've been saving clippings/notes/cookbooks for nearly 35 years and thought it could be an interesting project to keep my favorite ones somewhere else other than in boxes or bookshelves. Also, since I like writing, I thought this space could give me the opportunity to express my thoughts and reveal my passions . . . :)

"I have the simplest of tastes. I am always satisfied with the best." - Oscar Wilde

Some of my favorite things? In no particular order: lemon iced-tea, the smell of the sea, the smell of grass that has just been cut, lemongrass tea with lime, kissing, certain shades of green, cooking, watching cooking shows, NCIS, cuddling, walking barefoot on the beach, fireplaces, writing, watermelons, grapefruit juice, spending a whole day on the couch reading a good book, biking, mangoes, riding in the car with no particular itinerary, flea markets, chocolate cake, road side farm stands, the Flintstones, Bewitched, fluffy snow, cats, dogs, listening to music, painting, a good red wine, certain antiques, yellow flowers, apple strudel, oranges, candles, Thanksgiving and Christmas, Fridays and Saturdays, my computer, scrapbooking, collecting recipes, Scrabble,
chirimoyas, Peruvian food, shopping online, watching tv in bed, tangerines, crisp red apples, decorating, feeling in love . . .

Share/Bookmark

No comments: